Wazoogles Superfood Coconut and Banana Protein Flapjacks
These pancakes are the Superhero disguised as the evil villain! They are packed with a lot of organic superfoods and plant-based protein. They taste like chocolate, and you only need to add 3 simple household ingredients together to make the batter, easy-peasy!
Made completely without any flour, butter or milk, these pancakes still hold their consistency and flavour. The secret ingredients are bananas, eggs and of course Wazoogles Superfood. Start with that and you can add almost anything to vary the consistency and flavour. Try throwing frozen blueberries into the batter before cooking them for a piping hot blueberry and ancient Mayan cacao superfood protein flapjack. Mmmmmmmm…..
SERVES: 4 hungry humans (92g protein total) Protein Content: 23g protein per SERVING
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 ripe bananas (4g protein)
- 6 free range eggs (36g protein)
- 60g desiccated coconut (2g protein)
- 125ml blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 level scoops Wazoogles Superfood “Chocolate Moondust” 50g protein
- 1t cinnamon
- 1T coconut oil for frying
TO MAKE THEM:
- Peel the bananas and mash with a fork.
- Whip eggs in a bowl and mix together with the mashed banana.
- Add Wazoogles Superfood, desiccated coconut, blueberries and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Add coconut oil to a small – medium size pan on medium heat.
- Pour 2 – 4 small one round serving into the pan, smoothen with a spatula and fry for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
Tip: To flip, slide flapjack off pan and onto a plate, press pan to top of the plate and flip pan and plate upside down to safely flip the pancake without breaking it. Or alternatively, do it rock star style and throw caution to the wind.
TOPPING IDEAS:- Fresh sliced strawberries, fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries etc...), sliced banana, cacao nibs, shredded coconut, mulberries, goji berries, drizzle raw fynbos honey, dust with cinnamon and top with a creamy dollop of a nut butter of your choice (macadamia, almond or cashew nut butter).